Marketing has come a long way from word of mouth advertising and print media. The power of the Internet, its reach, dynamism, and availability has changed the face of advertising. Companies can reach millions of people all around the globe with a single post at a price far below what would be necessary with traditional media.
Dentists looking to expand their client base can use the Internet to do exactly that with the help of online marketing, specifically search engine optimization (SEO). Read on to find out how you can take advantage of an SEO campaign for your own dentist success story.
How SEO Can Benefit Your Company
With the right SEO tactics, your dental clinic can achieve the following:
- Expand your reach. The Internet has a very long arm and can take your message wherever you choose. If you’re looking to take introduce your business to the next town or another country entirely.
- Gain more leads. If a potential client searches for dental services, they are more likely to click on websites appearing on the first page. SEO puts you on the map, increasing the visibility of your company and driving traffic to your website.
- Enhance your reputation and credibility. People trust search engines, Google especially, to take them to the most relevant and credible websites. If they find you on the first page, this means that Google trusts you. That trust carries over to your audience, bolstering the reputation of your brand.
- Keep up with your competitors. Chances are, they themselves are turning to SEO to leverage their brand. Stay ahead of the curve, even the playing field by implementing your own strategies.
- Enjoy long-term results. So long as the Internet exists, you can maintain your online presence. Algorithms will change over time, but if you keep your SEO tactics up-to-date, you can continue to reap the benefits SEO will allow you.
- Get a better return on your investment (ROI). SEO is the most cost-effective marketing strategy to date, costing significantly less than traditional marketing means like radio, TV, or print ads. This, in tandem with the reach and the long-term results it offers, will make it worth your while with higher revenues and better ROI.
Basic SEO Strategies for Dentists
Below are some of the fundamentals to help you get started on your SEO campaign for your dental clinic:
● Keyword Research and Integration
Keywords are the terms or phrases that online users type into the search engine bar to help them locate websites that offer the information they need. By integrating these terms into your website, you tell web crawlers that your website can fulfill these demands.
Your keywords should match your services and should be used in relevant posts throughout the site. Be sure not to overstuff your pages with keywords. Google and other search engines flag keyword stuffing. Doing so risks your website getting penalized. To avoid overusing keywords, use variations of certain terms. For example, if your dental practice is located in Vaughan and offers services for dental surgery, you can use terms like:
- dental surgery
- oral surgery
- cosmetic dental surgery
- cosmetic dentistry
To narrow down your target market, include the location of your clinic. Basically, your keywords should follow this formula: [service/product] + [target location].
● Content Creation
People visit websites to gain information. Content is the channel through which this information is delivered. The two main types of content you need on your website are service (or product) pages and a blog.
Service pages detail what your business offers. There should be one page dedicated to each service or good available.
Blogs, on the other hand, are helpful and informative pieces that aim to educate and assist customers regarding issues related to the dental industry. Creating an effective dental blog means answering questions patients may have or offering solutions to their problems. Types of blog posts include:
- guides, e.g. “The Impact of Eating Disorders on Oral Health”
- how-tos, e.g. “How to Make Dental Hygiene Enjoyable for Kids”
- listicles, e.g. “7 Healthy Foods That Nourish Teeth”
Insert the relevant keywords wherever possible without overstuffing. You can also repurpose your blog articles and use them to create other forms of content, like:
● Social Media Marketing
Amplify your content by posting them in various social media platforms, like Facebook and Twitter. This boosts customer engagement and shareability, enhancing your ability to generate leads and make sales.
● Online Directories
Think of online directories as the Yellow Pages of the Internet. Registering in online directories makes your website and company information more accessible to clients. It also encourages people to post feedback or reviews. Online reviews are particularly valuable since they have a significant influence on a consumer’s decision-making. In fact, a large percentage of people trust reviews as much as referrals from friends and family.
Sign up on the following sites:
- Better Business Bureau
- Google My Business
● Link Building
Linking building is a form of outreach involving the acquisition of links from other sites that lead to yours. Search engines use links to your site as one of the factors that determine how well your page should rank in the results page. It also increases referral traffic, gaining you more leads in the process. In addition, link building allows you to establish relationships with other experts in the dental industry of dental which boosts brand reputation and authority.
Working with an SEO Expert
SEO is a dynamic and complex marketing method that is continually being updated. To make the most out of your dental SEO campaign, you need to keep up with the ever-changing algorithms. It has a high learning curve and requires constant attention, making it a full-time job.
In order to make the most out of your SEO campaign and get the results you desire, consider hiring an SEO agency. Do your due diligence, get referrals, and interview your prospects so you land the best SEO company. In Toronto, Local SEO Search Inc., Mystique Brand Communications, and Eggs Media are among the most reliable agencies.
In this video, Dr. Urszula Barrios, a dentist and owner of a dental clinic in Guelph, talks about her experience working with Local SEO Search Inc. She has been partners with the SEO company for over three years and states the partnership has been a fruitful one. She goes on to say that the agency has done amazing things for her web traffic, bringing her clinic more leads and more customers. She states that Local SEO Search listens to her ideas, tries to help her understand how SEO works, and gets her the results she needs for her dental practice.
Focus on running your business and pave your way to success by entrusting the care of your SEO marketing efforts to experienced and skilled professionals. With their assistance, you can get more patients and expand your practice.